Vanquish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kannar Application

5 posters

Go down

Kannar Application Empty Kannar Application

Post by Kannar 1st October 2015, 14:40

1. What is your main character and your display name (ie: abcd.1234)?
Akira Kannar (Kannar.7283)

2. What is your age (or a ball park range), time zone and normal hours of play?
24, active primarily in the evenings and weekends

3. Where did you hear about us?
Reddit (At least I think it was reddit...)

4. What server are you on? If different from Tarnished Coast, are you aware that you are restricted to certain features and activities? (Outlined in the FAQ thread)
Tarnished Coast!

5. On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the highest) please rate your level of interest in each of the following:
End Game (Dungeons/Fractals): 5
WvW: 3
PvP: 5
RP: 2
Solo Play: 2

6. Have you read our Guild Information section (FAQ and Code of Conduct) and can agree to it?
Yes, and yes!

7. Are you willing to install and use Teamspeak for group work and endgame ventures?
Already have it installed, and enjoy using TS for any group content

8. Guild chat and Teamspeak can sometimes be “R” rated. Are you OK with this aspect of the guild and its members?
Life can be too "PG" sometimes, rated "R" is probably my preferred communication style

9. Are you willing to be flexible in your play-style if and when required? (ie: swap classes or make adjustments to your build for better team synergy). This is outlined in our code as well.
Definitely, I've got every class fully geared and I'm happy to be a team player. Usually focus on Elementalist though, and tend to only use META builds if I have to.

10. What do you expect from a guild and looking back on any past guild experience what did you enjoy the most?
I expect a sense of community that welcomes people from all walks of life. I still play the game with people I was in guild with from the original guild wars, and I like when people can help each other out without expecting anything in return. Getting a solid crew to do dungeons/fractals/raids with would be awesome too!

Is there anything you wish to add or have any questions for us?
Not at this moment!
Kannar

Back to top Go down

Kannar Application Empty Re: Kannar Application

Post by Mustache 1st October 2015, 15:31

Sounds like a great applicant, although I would like to mention that we don't really concern ourselves at Vanquish with "meta". We know what it is and generally know how it works, but we try to be more flexible and understanding to different play styles and player skill levels.

Instances almost always go better when the entire group is comfortable with the build they are running. Again, not saying "meta" is good/bad, we are a more flexible group.

A few more will stop in to comment, but I hope to hear from you in game soon!
Mustache
Mustache
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MooNiez 1st October 2015, 15:59

Thumbs up from me. We don't require you to run a meta build. If you really look at the new builds coming out they are making it where it will be better to run other stuff an example would be the Ranger Druid.

We have all levels and a close net environment in this guild our age group consists of 20 somethings to 60 somethings. One thing we do strive to do here is be flexible.

MooNiez
MooNiez
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Montecristo86 1st October 2015, 16:12

Looks spot on to me. I've been running with the guild for about 2 months or so and it really is a great community. I'm also curious on how Anet is going to get rid of the whole meta builds and what they plan to do with it.
Montecristo86
Montecristo86
Exemplar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex 1st October 2015, 16:44

Yep, everyone has said everything I'd say. With the upcoming raids and higher Fractal levels, having stronger self-reliant gear will be key. Hence everyone else's concern about the mention of meta. If you're cool to swap out meta for HoT when necessary, all is good with me too!

If the above comments are all cool to you, give one of the officers a shout in-game and we'll get you invited.
bounce
Vex
Vex
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kannar 1st October 2015, 20:43

Thanks for the quick feedback! Happy to hear my views on the meta are shared with the guild. Don't particularly enjoy using meta builds all the time, but I've definitely seen situations where a team full of meta builds/gear can significantly improve performance, and I imagine we'll see this with the upcoming raids too, even if it's a new meta.  

Definitely looking forward to getting to know all of you, especially as HoT approaches. I'll find one of you online though and hopefully join very soon!
Kannar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex 1st October 2015, 20:50

Err... either I am misreading your message or you may have misread mine. We're a guild that is straying away from meta specifically in raids and such as it will very likely be obsolete by then. In raids, there is apparently no down system. Once you're down, you're dead, hence the need for non-glass builds. Aside from raids, very few people use it as it is since it is also arguably obsolete in a non-full-meta party. Just wanted to clarify before you were invited in case it was something you have strong feelings for.
Vex
Vex
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kannar 1st October 2015, 21:13

Sorry, wrote that in the middle of class, so I was probably a little confusing!

I rarely use meta, and when I have, it's only been at the request of the team I've been a part of. So I like that this guild isn't all about the meta. I was just saying that with the new challenging content coming up, there will probably be strong preferences for certain gear types/builds in order to succeed and that I'm adaptable to do what I need to do to help the team out. Smile
Kannar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex 1st October 2015, 21:17

Ah ok. That makes sense. When you join the guild, you'll see we have some checklists made for raids. Of course, we won't know exactly what is needed til we actually do them but it's made based on what pieces of information we do know.

Catch you in-game tonight/tomorrow/this weekend.
Vex
Vex
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down