Vanquish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bpcox application

4 posters

Go down

bpcox application Empty bpcox application

Post by bpcox 6th December 2015, 17:18

1. What is your main character and your display name (ie: abcd.1234)?
bpcox.3791
"Snaggles McDiamond" (Charr Condition DareDevil, ~500 hours)

2. What is your age (or a ball park range), time zone and normal hours of play?
US Central
Usually evenings around 8:30-10:30pm lately, and scattered over weekends, depending on plans.

3. Where did you hear about us?
OneYenShort and FunnyCide are real world friends since long before GW2....

4. What server are you on? If different from Tarnished Coast, are you aware that you are restricted to certain features and activities? (Outlined in the FAQ thread)
Tarnished Coast

5. On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the highest) please rate your level of interest in each of the following:
End Game (Dungeons/Fractals): 4 (Main reason for applying; not much experience here, though interested in changing that, and not likely to be able to in old guild....)
WvW: 1 (not set foot there yet in 3 years, but might be interested some day... for "map completion"...)
PvP: 2 (more interested in cooperative play than competitive play, but realizing some content requires it...)
RP: 3 (my characters have concepts to me that influence my PvE activities with each, but I don't RP as a general activity)
Solo Play: 4 (Particularly "Snaggles", based on my real world cat, who explores to see what trouble she can get into...)

6. Have you read our Guild Information section (FAQ and Code of Conduct) and can agree to it?
Yes

7. Are you willing to install and use Teamspeak for group work and endgame ventures?
Already installed, though still getting used to it...

8. Guild chat and Teamspeak can sometimes be “R” rated. Are you OK with this aspect of the guild and its members?
That's fine.

9. Are you willing to be flexible in your play-style if and when required? (ie: swap classes or make adjustments to your build for better team synergy). This is outlined in our code as well.
Preference would be my established character concepts (not "meta"), but I can adjust traits and skills to some degree for certain circumstances. I generally don't run around with multiple sets of gear though, so that might be more difficult to adjust on the fly. However, I have 8 characters (7 are at 80, working on my lvl 55 Revenant...), all are different classes, so I should have options. Only my main has currently spent points towards maxing Elite Spec, and I'm not sure if I'm going to do the same with the others (Rev will unlock Herald, though...), so I may not always have those traits to adjust with.

10. What do you expect from a guild and looking back on any past guild experience what did you enjoy the most?
The only other guild I was a part of is "Emerald Brigade" [EB], which was mostly a collection of real world friends. Game activity among them gradually dropped off, until it is now primarily just my wife and I. I wasn't particularly interested in group activities when more of them were online, but changes in content and interests are making the more cooperative group activities more appealing... but not enough active people left to coordinate anything in EB. I take a little time to get used to others, so "PUGS" aren't very appealing, especially risking a "meta-elitist". To continue having fun with the game, I'm interested in seeing what a larger, active guild is like, and what I might be able to contribute as well. Vanquish came recommended by friends and also looks like a good match with interests based on website description.

Is there anything you wish to add or have any questions for us?
My wife and I play often, but casually, so there are a lot of things we haven't experienced in the game yet. For example, we have not yet completed the HoT storyline at this time. We are working on it gradually, but in the meantime, will spoilers in random chatter likely be a problem for us?
bpcox
bpcox

Back to top Go down

bpcox application Empty Re: bpcox application

Post by Vex 6th December 2015, 17:47

Very well thought-out and thorough app, I approve!

Being a guild friend, let's fast forward this one. Should have a few other people come in right away to read/comment then we'll get you in right away.
Vex
Vex
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MooNiez 6th December 2015, 17:52

wow A+ for the application! I am good with the application. Lets get them in.
MooNiez
MooNiez
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustache 6th December 2015, 21:49

Good app!

Sounds like a fit to me (I haven't finished HoT story either though I play a few hours daily).

As far as being able to swap traits and such, that is just to help if the group is having difficulties. I'm sure you will be good to go
Mustache
Mustache
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down