Vanquish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tenias/Rylana Rux Application

5 posters

Go down

Tenias/Rylana Rux Application Empty Tenias/Rylana Rux Application

Post by Tenias 20th November 2015, 21:55

Hey guys, came across the guild on the GW2 Recruitment subreddit (here's the latest post).  I'm really interested in finding people to play GW2 with, most of which has been "Hey join our guild [OMGLOL] Here's an invite!"  I mean, I'm sure those guys are great and all, but I'd rather play with people who are in a guild because they want to be, not because they were randomly invited.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't heard much about you guys, but the website looks great and from the reddit post seems like it'd be a pretty good fit.

1. What is your main character and your display name (ie: abcd.1234)?  

Tenias.8591, I mostly play my Thief these days, Rylana Rux, but I play my warrior sometimes too, Tenias

2. What is your age (or a ball park range), time zone and normal hours of play?

I'm 29, US-EST, and currently my normal hours are whenever I feel like it but I'm starting a new job in a week or so, so I'll most likely be playing intermittently for a few weeks before being back regularly.

3. Where did you hear about us?

The GW2 Recruitment subreddit

4. What server are you on? If different from Tarnished Coast, are you aware that you are restricted to certain features and activities? (Outlined in the FAQ thread)

Tarnished Coast

5. On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the highest) please rate your level of interest in each of the following:
End Game (Dungeons/Fractals): 5
WvW: 3
PvP: 2
RP: 1
Solo Play: 3

6. Have you read our Guild Information section (FAQ and Code of Conduct) and can agree to it?

Yes

7. Are you willing to install and use Teamspeak for group work and endgame ventures?

Yes

8. Guild chat and Teamspeak can sometimes be “R” rated. Are you OK with this aspect of the guild and its members?

Yes

9. Are you willing to be flexible in your play-style if and when required? (ie: swap classes or make adjustments to your build for better team synergy). This is outlined in our code as well.

Yes, I have a Warrior, Thief, and am currently leveling a Necromancer.  I'm also open to input as to builds or gear picks, and am open to switching roles (not really sure how end-game works with regards to dungeons and fractals, but I played WoW for quite some time and have been a tank, healer, and dps).  

10. What do you expect from a guild and looking back on any past guild experience what did you enjoy the most?

I was in kind of a hardcore raiding guild in WoW and that was fun while it lasted, but I'm not sure I want to do that again.  Mostly I want to be in it for the interaction and doing things with guildmates is always more fun than doing them on your own.  For example, I want to start running some harder dungeons but I'm a little apprehensive joining a pug, half because I'm afraid they're going to suck, and half because I'm afraid I'M going to suck.

Is there anything you wish to add or have any questions for us?

That's about it, I'll be around for the next week and a half and then my play schedule will be a little spotty, hopefully life will become a little more solid after that.
Tenias
Tenias

Back to top Go down

Tenias/Rylana Rux Application Empty Re: Tenias/Rylana Rux Application

Post by MooNiez 20th November 2015, 22:38

Your application looks good to me! You will have a few more respond to your application! thanks for filling it out and giving us some background. =)
MooNiez
MooNiez
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex 21st November 2015, 01:36

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the app! You made extra effort on it which is awesome to see.

We definitely are here because we want to be, not because we randomly get invited. We're definitely not the "spam-recruit" guild like you see a lot of on here. Very low turnover rate so people definitely want to stay!

All that being said, looks great to me! A few others will be by tonight/tomorrow, then we will get you right in!
Vex
Vex
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Malenekani 21st November 2015, 04:44

Looks like you have been putting some thoughts into your application, What you want from a guild and what you are able to give back.

Feel free to check the Guild Contacts so you can get an invite for Vanq.

With those words: Welcome to Vanquish and the world of Tyria.
Malenekani
Malenekani
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by curtegg 23rd November 2015, 19:38

Has my vote to join the guild.
curtegg
curtegg
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenias 24th November 2015, 00:35

Thanks for the votes! I got a letter from Moonshynie last night (late) and didn't see him/her online, and just got a letter from Sidonis a few hours ago. Just wanted to post here to let you guys know that yes, I'm still interested in joining, and I'll keep my eye out for any Vanquish members I see online tonight - it's been a weird couple days and I'm just now logging on to actually play. Hope to see you guys soon!
Tenias
Tenias

Back to top Go down

Post by Vex 24th November 2015, 00:38

Awesome, no rush, just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. Catch us anytime.
Vex
Vex
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by MooNiez 24th November 2015, 18:59

yeah what Vex said!!
MooNiez
MooNiez
Officer

Back to top Go down